Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Waiting

There is a new little baby going to be born within the next few weeks. I am praying for him. I'm praying for his safe arrival. I'm praying that he will be healthy little guy. I'm praying for his mommy...that God will keep her safe as she gives birth to her baby son. I'm praying that his mommy will pray for him as she holds him in her arms, and that she will show him that loving Jesus means more than any other thing she can teach him as he grows. I'm praying that he will love Jesus, and make him his very best friend ever. I'm also praying that his mommy will learn to trust Jesus more everyday for the strength, energy and wisdom that will be needed to be a godly parent.

See, it took me a long time to realize that really loving Jesus is the best way to go through life. I learned the hard way that going through the motions isn't good enough (not that I thought I was faking it at the time). One can only go so far without totally submitting to the Holy Spirit. I think you can be a Christian...merely an infant in Christ...without really knowing Him as the "Love of your life". When you reach the point that you know you don't have the strength humanly, when all is exhausted...that's when you totally fall in love with Jesus. When you know that He is the only One you need. It's only then you realize that you've got the Answer. It's really been there all along. Waiting patiently. Waiting longingly. How I wish that I had found the Answer sooner...not with head knowledge...but with my whole heart, mind and soul!.

So I'm praying that this baby's mommy will find herself totally in love with Jesus. Sooner than later

No comments: