Thursday, July 16, 2009

Change


I am finding that one nice thing about getting older is that when change comes your way, you know it isn't going to kill you. You see, I tend to only move when God moves me. I like it when things stay the same. I've worked for the same contract agency for almost 20 years now. And during those 20 years, I've worked in quite a few different places. I've also been forced to leave a few places that I really loved. The cool thing? After I've gotten used to things, most of the time I find that I end up liking the new assignment even better than the last one. It appears that it is time for a change again. I'm grateful that God has provided what looks like will be my next assignment immediately (it's really hard when there is a big time of uncertainty). I won't be going far from home. Rather than the dread that usually goes with this kind of change, I'm feeling a little bit of excitement. See...I've learned to know that God loves me, and if this new placement isn't exactly what I want...He may well be protecting me from a whole lot of stress and frustration in the placement I've left behind. I'm learning to see the rainbow at the very beginning of the storm! "And we know that in all things God works for good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose". Life has been very unsettled for me and my family lately, but I know for certian that God is up to something! And for that reason, I can't wait to see what happens next!

No comments: