Wednesday, April 8, 2015

My heart has been calling me to return to this blog after an absence of a few years.

YEARS!  Wow.

And how far my heart has strayed!  I read my profile...and I'm sad.  When did I stop believing that fairy tales end with "happily ever after"?  When did I give up on "it will get better...things will improve"? When did I stop traveling down the road to "Trusting the Lord with all my heart..."?  When and how did I let depression and anxiety win?  I've been defeated, and sometimes feel as though I struggle to breath under the weight of it all!  Like now.  Like this morning.

And...when did I stop writing?  When I read my past posts, I'm stunned by my words!  Did I really write them?  Did I really feel like that?

No one listens.  No one cares how I feel, or what I have to say.  Not really.  And that is a sad fact.

Anxiety wins?  Depression is the victor?  That's not what the Bible says.  But that's the way I live.  I'm in therapy.  I want to defeat the beast.

So maybe it's time to write again.  It won't always be pretty, but...maybe it will help me find my voice, even if no one hears or cares.


No comments: